Sunday, August 18, 2013

{Eat To Live} Life In A Jar


Variety and convenience are the main themes of this detox.  I want to create meals that are both healthy and tasty, so I decided to try my hand at making salad dressings.  I thought this might bring in variety by giving my vegetables and salads and it was a good move.


Vegan Green Goddess Dressing

The first dressing I tried convinced me it would not be my last.  It really was as simple as making a smoothie and I had most of the ingredients on hand. I chose the Vegan Green Goddess Dressing share on Oh She Glows because of the avocado base and it did not disappoint.  I did not vary the recipe this time, but I do plan to experiment with this one more.



It was good as a dressing and a dip for raw veggie and the best part of my first attempt at a "Salad in a Jar." I first saw this on Pinterest and realized the potential during this detox. The trick to keeping everything fresh is to keep the greens separate from the dressing.  I plan to experiment some sprouts and beans or lentils for other lunch options.

Salad in a Jar with Green Goddess Dressing

Life, Health and Prosperity,

Ashiya

No comments:

Post a Comment