Sunday, August 18, 2013

{Eat to Live} Green Smoothie Love

This week I tried another tip I found on Pinterest from The Rowdy Stroudy to make my smoothies better.  I'm not a fan of ice and I freeze bananas for fruit smoothies, but I had no equivalent for green smoothies.

Spinach was a good candidate because it wilts quickly and works well in most smoothies.  I like to use fresh fruits and veggies in smoothies, but I love this option.

Spinach Cubes
Spinach Puree

I packed the 40oz. bowl of my food processor with spinach, added 1/4 cup of water and few seconds later I had enough for 3-4 smoothies depending on other ingredients.  ,the frozen spinach gives my smoothies the texture I like as well.  I love it when a little prep goes a long way.

Frozen Spinach Cubes

Life, Health and Prosperity,
Ashiya

No comments:

Post a Comment