Monday, August 19, 2013

{Eat to Live} Detox Truths

Obviously, I'm not very good at posting my meals daily during this detox.  Honestly speaking, I realized I really don't want to talk about what I'm eating because I'm thinking about what I committed to not eating. I'll call it a detox survival technique.

And I usually think about taking pictures when I'm almost done, if at all, but this week I was better with taking them. Here's a quick recap of Days 4-6.  I'll share Days 7-10 later in the week.

Day 4

I was on the move for Day 4. I started with warm water with lemon as usual. For breakfast I had a green smoothie with peaches, mango, spinach, celery and coconut water. 

I packed a lovely lunch that I couldn't keep cold after a change in my plans for the day. Because I was out longer than planned, I shared my lunch with a friend and opted for garlic steamed kale and brussel sprouts from Sunflower Cafe in Berry Hill, which I forgot to capture. 

Lunch was more than enough for the rest of the day, so I had a desire for grapes later that evening. 



Day 5

My cravings came alive on Day 5. I wanted everything. At this point I've learned the best way for me to fight these cravings is to stick to liquids until they pass. 

After my warm water with lemon, I had Metu Neter, a combination of celery, Granny Smith apples, broccoli and cucumber. I found this recipe and some of my current favorites at Vegan Wasted during a detox last year. 

During the day, I ate lots of water-rich fruit including watermelon and grapes. For dinner I had a green smoothie with spinach, celery, mango and blueberries.  It worked. I didn't cave in to the cravings. 


Day 6

After water with lemon I had a green smoothie made of spinach, celery, peaches and coconut water. 

Having a green smoothie in the morning sets the tone of the day for me and as long as I have fruit, water and nuts, I'm good. I also made the same green smoothie from the previous day after dinner, which was a salad with vinegrette dressing I found online.  It wasn't very good to me, so I won't share it here.  Back to the lab on that one.

As a general rule, I drink water constantly throughout the day to help my body move any toxins it wants to release.




Life, Health and Prosperity,
Ashiya

No comments:

Post a Comment